Thursday, January 21, 2016

New Happenings and Art To Start Out The Year

Some  more  exciting  things  going on  again  for  me--I'm  now  part  of  a  local  art  gallery.   In  all  of  the  years  that  I've  been  making  mixed  media,  I  was  always  a  little  nervous  about  'putting  myself  out  there'  in  the  art  community.  But  this  year,  I  felt  it was  time--like  really...what  am  I  waiting  for??  So  needless  to  say,  I've  been  busy  this  month....

making  texture....


                                                             


with  some  elephant  and   giraffe  art....


and  playing  with  a  sun  face--




and  one  of  my  favorite  things  to  do--making  a  'tree  house'--





They're  now  all  at    Gallery  29  of  Sharon, PA--



 .......which  I'm  now  very  proud  to  be  a  part  of.   It's  a  wonderful  gallery  that  supports  many  of  the  very  talented  local  artists.   They  also  have  lots  going on  every  month  including  classes  and  workshops.

And  speaking  of  workshops, last  year  I  taught  my very  first  one--I  was  very  nervous  about  this  (to  say the  least), but  I  always  wanted  to  teach  a  workshop......so  I  did.....and  I'm  so  glad  that  I  did.   I'm  happy  to  say  that  I'll  be  going  back  again  this  year  in  Chautauqua  Lake,  New  York  for  Art  Retreat  on  the  Lake   on  September  7 & 8.  This  year  I'll  be  showing  how  to  paint  in  layers  to  create  this  piece--


.....and  for  the  next  day--looks  like  we'll  be  painting  papers  again  to make  some  some  assemblage  art.

I'm looking  forward  to  this  year---trying  to  step  outside  my  comfort  zone  a  bit---like  they  say,  you  never  know  if  you'll  like  it  unless  you  try--right??


1 comment:

Lisa Graham said...

Your gorgeous work looks fantastic in the gallery Diane! Congratulations on your representation. The lake retreat where you teach sounds really heavenly. Nothing like being in nature AND making art. Wishing you another prosperous year in 2016!! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails