Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bringing My Journal Girl Out

I  haven't  had a whole  lot  of  time  for  art  lately--we're  going  out  of  town  for  a  few  days  for  the  holiday  weekend,  so  I've  been  getting  ready  for  that,  and  last  week  we  were  getting  things  ready  for  my  daughter's  wedding.    But  I've  taken   some  time  for  art  every  day,  just  like  I  always  do (I  can't  imagine  not  doing  that!)

Last  month  I  made  a  new  girl  for  my  journal--


I  love  making  these  faces  in  my  journal--I  usually  end  up  liking  them,  and  when  I  do,  I  want  to  use  them.   So  that's  what  I  did--I  put  her  on  the  top  of  a  cigar  box--


Whenever  I  do  this (print  out  my  art),  I  always  enhance  it  some  more  with  paint  or  crayons  or  whatever,  and  I  like  her  face  even  more  now.  And  I'm  very  happy  with  the  rest  of  the  box  too--

And  then  I  wanted  to  use  images  from  by  Dream  pieces  so  I  made  a  Dream  box--


This  is  the  top....and....a  few  weeks  ago,  I  went  to  an  antique  show,  and I  found  these--


I  knew  excactly  what  I  was  going  to  use  them  for....


They  make  great  pedestal  stands  for  boxes--among  other  uses,  I'm  sure.


....really  happy  with  both  of  these,  and  I  can't  wait  to  bring  them  back  out  for  my  upcoming  shows--- really  anxious  and  excited  for  the  show  season!

So  I'm  not  going  to  be  around  until  Tuesday.   I  hope  everyone  celebrating,  has  a  great  holiday  weekend!



25 comments:

Rosie said...

I just love your boxes - they are wondrously crazy and colourful. Beautiful work Diane.

Gollywobbles said...

You have an incredible knack for this type of work. Just awesome. Happy weekend.

sharon said...

Gorgeous face on that girl Diane! Your boxes are AMAZING.....so much detail and layers, I really can't get over how you do all that! I have been scarce myself lately....health issues, and lack of time, so I apologize for not being here all the time. Have a great holiday weekend!

Janet Ghio said...

Just love the boxes Dianne--you inspire me to get out one the cigar boxes I have and give it a try!

Jen Beaudet said...

These are great! I love the color and texture each piece has. Have a great weekend!
Jennifer:)

Dorthe said...

Dear Diane,
they look fantastic, both - and the one with your beautiful girl is gorgeous-the wonderful colours and drawings, and so detailed.I love it, also a great idea with the small bowls -I have some also, but want to use them for pincussions :-)
Wish you a lovely week-end dear .
Hugs,Dorthe

Cameron said...

I'm excited for you! I think all the time and effort you've been putting into making pieces for your shows is going to pay off! A beautiful space filled to the brim with gorgeous, inspiring pieces!
Have lots of bags ready for those eager hands to carry home your art! :)

Have a great weekend!

roc said...

beautiful work!

Kim Mailhot said...

Ooo, you are having some sweet play and creating great treasures !
I hope the holiday weekend is a blast for you !

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How AWESOME. I've not made anything and I mean ANYTHING in three weeks. I'm glad you find time to make art every day. And of course, it shows, too.

Hope you have a safe and happy Memorial Day and a fun trip.

Kathy said...

Have a safe and relaxing weekend!

Tammie Lee said...

always wonderful to see what you are creating Diane.
I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Anne said...

Diane, Your journal page is beautiful and your boxes are devine. Have a wonderful weekend away :o)

Isabel said...

I just Love your boxes and the faces beautiful, I bought a whole bunch of those jello cups at a antique shop but didnt know what they where for, right now I use them for candles and holding small stuff they will become ornies for Christmas:O) Have a great day:O)

Pam McKnight said...

cool idea! Have fun!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Your pieces are just gorgeous. I love faces like these and on the box is really pretty.
I hope someday my grand daughter can create art like yours. She is off to a real good start at 10.
She too loves to paint faces.
Love
Maggie

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Fantastic, Diane! I always enjoy seeing what you put together. Everything fits just perfectly. :)

Lorraine said...

excellent

Unknown said...

I am always so amazed at what you create!!!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Diane. Thanks for stopping by my PPF! Love your wonderful boxes. I always love how your boxes come out and your girls are beautiful. Diane, this too is "real life." Cept it's a little cyber.:)

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I LOVE your boxes! There is always so much detail, interest, and color. I think the little bowls work perfectly too! Such beautiful, inspiring work as always. :) I told my daughter that you liked her owl. She grinned from ear to ear and jumped up and down. It is amazing what positive, encouraging words can do! Thank you!! :)

Kristin said...

Gorgeous! You know, the last time I went to an art show, I scoured the booths looking if anyone did boxes - and no one did! They will be a hit for sure, xoxo

Jaime Haney said...

she looks lovely on your new box. they always look so pulled together! what a clever use of he Jello molds.

have a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

Stunning work I love how you have reused your beautiful journal face ;0) Love Dawn xx

Pamela Holderman said...

Beautiful. I am always amazed that you can print your art and it looks beautiful too. You have been busy - with a wedding too. Cheers and lots of joy to you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails