Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Same Thing But Different

I never get tired of painting pears, but  I get tired of  doing the same thing over and over again--if that makes sense.  So I thought I would try something a little different this time.  I had this wood frame---

It's a barnwood frame--very nice, but very ordinary.  So I 'fixed' it up a little--


And then I used this metal tooling foil--

And I embossed on it--

And what's my favorite embossing tool you ask--well I've tried many, but I keep going back to my  favorite, and that is a pencil with a very blunt tip.  And.... here is the finished result--


I 've been having so much fun with my new blog--and it's been making me very creative, but I have to start another art project, and that's putting up the Christmas decorations ( and I have ALOT), wrapping presents, baking cookies, buying a REAL Christmas tree and decorating that, still Christmas shopping too,etc.etc.--and I'll be sure to post photos of my progress : )

11 comments:

Janet said...

Now I don't know which ones I like best of the ones you've shown so far! The foil is beautiful and I love the barn wood frame. I learned to do embossing when I was just a kid but haven't done it in years. I think I'd like to try it again.

Mary said...

I love what you did to the frame - and the pears are wonderful and look fantastic in the frame!

Anonymous said...

Love the pear art and ow you did it. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Did you have to put something on the metal to paint on it?

Certainly know what you mean for Christmas, the idea of it all is making me a little nervous, hoping everything will be done in time?

All the best with your busy schedule!

Hugz!

Julie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi! It is so great to meet you! Your art is fantastic. I am enjoying looking through your archives to see what I've missed. Thanks for following, I am doing the same! Enjoy your day! Twyla

Anonymous said...

I love the frame and the pears...well, it's all great! I was saying to Janet over at her blog that I find it difficult to get enthused about decorating for Christmas when there are no little ones around...even my grans are teenagers now. Just call me Scrooge! bah, humbug! lol

Buffy said...

Love how you embossed it. The frame is gorgeous. I know what you mean about decorating. I have about 40 of those big plastic containers full of decorations. Just Christmas. I like to play,and I love to use vintage stuff in with my decorating. I just posted some pictures of some areas of my house on my blog.Make sure you post some pictures. I would love to see them.

nick said...

diane is my mom. even though me and my siblings are all grown up, we still get just as excited for christmas and act like "little ones!"

Unknown said...

Thanks for inviting me to visit your blog is lovely, and I love what you've done to the old barn wood. I can't wait to see what you create and add next!!!

come visit me too
http://dreamsofpurelove.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

What a cool idea. I have black embossing her and it's been sitting for almost a year now and I haven't done anything with it. Hmm, this looks like a way to put it to good use. Thanks

Sharon Tomlinson said...

This is scrumptious. Actually you did two ART projects with this one. I love them both. frame and pears

jonny j petros said...

Hi, beautiful work you have done!!! I have never known of this embossing- pretty neat- where did you find the metal and can you get in in a large sheet. Now I think I want to try roses with it. Thank You for sharing your wonderful ideas!. Sincerely Jonny

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails